Dollar Tree Stores For Sale
Dollar Tree NNN Properties
Dollar Tree is one of the USA’s best known budget convenience stores. What makes them a great net lease investment property is their resistance to economic downturns. This safeguards the landlord's rent payments.
The concept of selling items for only $1 was originally intended to attract customers from low-income households, but it has also become popular among those who are more well-off.
It can offer its patrons extremely discounted prices due to its enormous buying power.
- Services: Dollar Tree stocks a wide range of goods at each of its retail stores.
It sells an assortment of selected grocery items, such as frozen foods and dairy products, household cleaning agents, health and beauty products, glassware, dinnerware, décor, hardware, toys, stationery, arts and crafts supplies, teaching supplies, automotive parts, electronics, pet supplies, books, and more.
- Company History: Dollar Tree has its roots in Norfolk, Virginia, where K.R. Perry opened a Ben Franklin variety store in 1953.
These chain stores were the beginning of single-price-point retailers and were known as ‘five and dime’ stores.
Then, in 1986 Doug Perry (son of K.R. Perry), Macon Brock, and Ray Compton opened five retail stores under the name Only $1.00 in Georgia, Tennessee, and Virginia.
Seven years later, in 1993, the name Only $1.00 was changed to Dollar Tree.
Stats & Facts About Business Performance
- Revenue Generated:
- In the first quarter of 2021, Dollar Tree stores generated a total income of $6,479.7 million.
- Their operating income was at $519.9 million, while their net income stood at $374.5 million.
- Their total assets were valued at $21,050.7 million.
- Number of Stores Nationwide: Dollar Tree operates more than 15,000 stores across the U.S. and Canada.
It also has 24 distribution centers and a vast logistics network that redistributes stock to each of its stores nationwide.
- Expansion Plans/Forecasts: Dollar Tree acquired Family Dollar for around $9 billion in 2015. In 2020, it announced its plan to merge its brand name and the Family Dollar banner into a single storefront.
- Why It Would Make a Good Investment Property: You’re almost guaranteed to make a good return on your investment should you choose to invest in a Dollar Tree chain store.
This is mainly because you’ll be investing in a well-known company with nationwide stores that are unlikely to go bankrupt in the foreseeable future due to their popularity.
In addition, the cap rate for this type of commercial property usually falls somewhere between 5 and 7%.
This means that it’s a relatively low-risk investment that’s very likely to turn a profit every month, which assures you a steady flow of income for the duration of the lease.
RARE Site Shadow – Anchored by Walmart Supercenter […]
Little Falls, MN$1,433,520
Free Standing Single Tenant 9,050 SF Dollar Tree […]
Dollar Tree Inc. is an Investment Grade Company […]
Dollar Tree executed a new lease in 2020 […]
New 10-year Dollar Tree NN leased totally repurposed […]
Brand new 10-year NN Corporate Dollar Tree lease. […]
Brand New 10-Year Lease | Corporate Credit Tenant […]
Lease features three (3) additional, five (5) year […]
West Lafayette, IN$1,538,416
Located off US HWY 52: 21,000 vehicles per […]
Population exceeds 198,000 in a 5-mile radius. Average […]
Three 5-year renewal options. $0.50 PSF rental escalations […]
The lease provides four (4) additional renewal options […]